Friday, July 13, 2007

It's My Party and Your All Invited!

Lame, I know. But this blog will hopefully be a way for me to write more, and express my own thoughts instead of just reading about others. So heres a little about me, I spend my time debating/pondering/and lately, getting pissed at political issues. I am a big raging feminist. I have white guilt and I am uncomfortable with it. I read too many books. I am the first one in my family to go to college and I am a senior at the University of Michigan getting my degrees in Political Science, Anthropology and a minor in Asian Studies (fancy peices of paper that don't mean shit). I come from a poor rural town in northern Michigan, named Cheboygan and grew up being scared of snow trucks. I obsessively read and get inspiration from many Women of Color blogs. I want a revolution and couldnt care less about the primaries right now, I see no difference between the two parties. I have never been out of the country but am doing study abroad in Thailand this fall semester. I work with domestic violence and sexual assault survivors in and out of court and I also am working to get some great women out of prison because they decided to protect themselves from their alpha male, asshole husbands. Last week my parents friend asked me what I wanted to be in life, I realized I didnt know and then proceeded to run to my room to cry for 2 hours. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I live with seven girls and have over 30 best friends. I converted to Judaism. Be forwarned- I can't spell and my grammar is shit, don't tell me to just read the Stark and White book because I have. A hundred times. And I still have a hard time with plurals ect. so please feel free to help me out but don't be rude about it, my thoughts are still my thoughts whether my grammar is wrong or right. On that note I love writing creative short stories and poetry so hopefully I will be posting some. My friends would say I am goofy or abnormal, I would say that I have no reservations and think more people would be just as weird if they didn't think they had to be normal. I like cold beer, even at weddings and schmoozy restaurants. Like everyone else I have a problem with my weight (thank you 15 years of ballet and glamour magazines). And finally I like running amok and using fake accents, even when talking to myself.
Wow, I feel like I just wrote a personal ad. enough about me, let the party begin!

No comments: