Monday, July 16, 2007

I don't really want to cross-post things, or keep reiterating things that brilliant feminist bloggers have already harped on out in the blogosphere but really this post by Bitch PhD http://bitchphd.blogspot.com/2007/07/monday-mission-and-weekend-reward-to.html really inspired me. No joke. After being so politically involved and then going into a mild slump (you know the how long can I kick and scream, shit doesn't happen and no one cares, let's just give it all up and move to France, or on good days I say the Trobriand Islands) I thought I was forever politically inept.
But that Bitch really got me thrilled for change again. I did all of the steps, almost neurotically and to add I did a couple of call-in's and emails for Amnesty. Plus I buckled down and wrote a letter of support for clemency to a couple of women I met in the Prison last week, all before grabbing my nightly beer with friends. So see, shit can happen, you just need someone to whip us into shape and to remind that "hey this is wrong" and "lets actually do something."
So yeah, this system just doesn't make sense and needs more than a couple of weakling democratic senators to change. It needs us; it needs all of us to come together. We have to stop being scared of the government; we need a government that is scared of its people.
On that fine note I am out. Beer is calling and I am always willing.

No comments: